Monday, October 28, 2013

Going Grey With Scrap-Creations Challenge: Halloween & DT Call


Happy Tuesday! This past week has been a very hard week for my family and I.  Last Tuesday, not only did my father go through major surgery, but my father-in-law passed away as well.  My father-in-law was an amazing man, with so much to love to share.  While he had been fighting cancer for the past 2 1/2 years, the end came much quicker than we had expected.  So, needless to say, I didn't manage to get a project done for this weeks Halloween challenge, but I did muster up a couple of minutes to color an image for this weeks challenge.  As some of you know, Halloween is one of my favorite times of the year, but this year will not be the same.  Every year my husband goes crazy with decorations, and it usually takes him the whole month to decorate the yard, but this year he could only manage a few decorations, and it only did that for the kids.  We have been taking it day by day, and I know he is in heaven, but my heart is still having a hard time accepting the fact that we can no longer hug him :(
   Like I had mentioned this weeks challenge is Halloween and I colored Hannah Halloween, and she has a friend named Hedwig Halloween witch, that are available for purchase on Rick St. Dennis's Airless Chambers blog for a limited time.  Also, if you love Halloween, you have got to check out the AC blog, and the DT's work....it is COMPLETELY amazing!!!!
    Last weeks "cut it out" challenge turned out fantastic...your projects were amazing, and I am impressed with all your scissor skills.  It was REALLY hard to pick 3 this week, but after much contemplation, the TOP 3 are:

                                                                       Norma
                                                                       Tammy

                                                                        Susan
                                                                      Honorable mention (J Atterbury)

Fabulous cards ladies Please feel free to grab the I made TOP 3 banner on the right of my blog!

 Also, we are looking to add 2 new DT members to the team.  The requirements are to post 2 cards each month. If you would like to be part of the team, please leave a link to your challenge project and at DT after your name.


 Feast your eyes on the DT's amazing"Halloween" projects!

                                                                       Michelle
                                                                       Mary
                                                                     Peggy
  

 Weren't those fabulous? Don't be afraid to head to their blogs and leave them a little love. You will have 2 weeks on Monday @ 6pm to get your card in for the challenge. We only allow 2 entry's per person. Also, we have new Blog Badges, please feel free to take one and post on your blog. I will be picking the top 3 in 2 weeks, and I will award 3 people with the new top 3 badge! When posting to a gallery's, please use the key words GGSC164.....Have a great day and happy creating!

4 comments:

Julye said...

Try to stay positive and remember all the fun times you had with your dad in law think of all the fun times you shared when you hit a low and remember he will always be in your hearts and hope your dad is on the mend .

JanR said...

So sorry for your loss! Wishing your father a speedy recovery. Take care of yourself.

Michelle Quinno said...

I can only imagine how hard it is. I know you were really close with your FIL. I did not know about your father! I hope he is healing fast! Hang in there.

Love this image and your coloring!

Norma said...

So sorry to hear of your loss. Also wishing for a speedy recovery for your father.
Thanks for one of the Top 3 picks. So delighted.
Hugs,
Norma