Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Going Grey with Scrap-Creations: Something old, something new

Happy New Year!!!! Yes, we have been on break for the last two weeks, but we are BACK with a new challenge every Tuesday! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and a VERY happy New year.  Did Santa bring you everything you wished for????  If you remember, I was curious about the Copic carrying case, and well, I got it. I wish I could tell you how much I LOVE it, but I didn't and I decided it was to much like a luggage and not what I was really looking for. The good news though, I returned it and pre ordered the 12 new colors.  I can't wait to play....hehehe..... anyways, I had a wonderful Christmas. Spent much needed time with my family and we had a great weeek together, baking, bowling, the movies, board games, and so much more. It is so nice to be out of school resting and catching up with life!!! I have even been stamping and scrapbooking...wahoooo...Even better, I don't go back to school till the 23rd of Jan, and then only 16 weeks until I graduate as a RN. Can you see the light??? I can...FINALLY!!!!!
   Ahhh pastels......yeap, I used pastels for this weeks challenge. Have I decided I like pastels??? NOPE, I am still not a fan, but I made my card for this weeks challenge with a special someone in mind, and that someone REALLY likes pastels, loves purples and blues, and LOVES snowmen, and that special someones Birthday is January 7th.....that special someone is Mary Castonquay....Happy Birthday Mary, I hope you love your card!  Once again, I made it with little embellishments, so I can mail it.  Are you ready to find out what the challenge is????? ok, ok.....this weeks challenge is Something Old and SOmething New. This was easy for me because I just bought the Memory Box snowglobe die and I used some old DP that I had, and there you have it, CHALLENGE CARD!

With a New Year, there are always changes, and sadly, we have lost 2 team members as of the first of the year.  Jackie Randolph and Frances Rodriquez have left the DT due to life issues and they are both going to be very much missed, and with that, leaves us 2 open spots on our DT.....Wanna join???? If you are interested, I will be opening up a DT call on Wednesday with all the details. Hope to see you there )
So, I know our last challenge was a while ago, but I have not forgotten about the last challenges TOP 3, and they are:

Jo Ham:
Tracy Payne:
Sandy:

Fabulous cards ladies, Please feel free to grab the I made TOP 3 Badge on the right side of my blog .

Are you ready for some serious "SOmething Old, Something New" inspiration ??? Feast your eyes on the DT's amazing cards

Kim:
Jovita:
Mary:
Peggy:

Weren't those fabulous? Don't be afraid to head to their blogs and leave them a little love. You will have until next Monday @ 6pm to get your card in for the challenge. We only allow 2 entry's per person. Also, we have new Blog Badges, please feel free to take one and post on your blog. I will be picking the top 3 next week, and I will award 3 people with the new top 3 badge! When posting to a gallery's, please use the key words GGSC95......Have a great day and happy creating








8 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

cute card and glad you were able to return the case and get the new copics (green with envy)

Michelle Quinno said...

Happy New Year, Kristen! Love this card. The color combo is gorgeous and I love the snow globe. I hope your break goes by slow and the next semester FAST!!

Benzi said...

Beautiful cards from everyone. Thanks for the wonderful challenge.

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Wonderful creations as always!!

Deanne :)

cotnob said...

Gorgeous DT inspiration, thanks for another great challenge.
Pauline
x

Stephanie aka Nerdette said...

Lovely Designs ladies. Happy New Year and thanks for the fun challenge.

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Happy New Year! Thanks for the great challenge and inspiration :) I am now a follower and look forward to all your lovely ideas!

Roxx.T Barnes said...

Happy New Year! Design Team you rock!! So glad I found your site, looking forward to New a Year full of New Challenges.