Friday, July 15, 2011

Want a FREEBIE?????



WOW...Friday already..This week has absolutely flown by for me. Kinda scary to think it is already the middle of July. It has been a pretty good week though, so I shouldn't complain. Abbey has started at a new Gymnastics school after 7 years at her previous gym, so that was a bit hard, but she has settled in nicely and is loving every minute of it. Ryan has started Ice skating lessons, and after a VERY timid start, he ended up just loving it (phew). So with all the driving lately I officially feel like a TAXI CAB! We did take a break and join some great friends for a day at the beach, and we had a FABULOUS time. We are so blessed to have such wonderful people in our lives! Now here I sit on a Friday night writing My post and dreaming of Sat night......what happens tomorrow night you ask.....Pat Benatar concert, and yes, she is still alive...LOL! The reason I say that is, I was chatting with my younger brother (34) and he had mentioned that he was going to see Kid Rock, and I said "oh, really", I am going to see Pat Benatar, and he said "oh....silence.....she still alive?" Seriously, I am only 38, and he acts like I am elderly! Anyways, I can't wait to see a oldie but goodie!!!

So, anyone interested in a FREEBIE????? Starting today, Mabelle R.O, from Whimsey and Star studios is hosting a challenge over at Crafters Digital Art Center from July 15-July 27th . Use this fabulous sunflower image ( which you can get a CDAC), create a card following this sketch and color palette and link up,and one random winner will win 2 FREE images of their choice from Mabelle.:

If you're not a member of CDAC, no worries, you can sign up and it's FREE, and they host all kinds of Digi challenges. One more place for you to explore your creativity!
I used mabelle's image and followed the challenge, and I dug through my paper and viola, I found this great DP my friend Kim Howard had given me. Thanks Kim, it's perfect for my card!

Well, that is all for me today. I am off to color 30 digi images. Last fall I was chosen to be the Vice President of my nursing class, and as VP, I am responsible for various responsibilities, and one of my responsibilities is helping out with the incoming freshman nursing students. I volunteered to make 30 tote bag name tags for the freshman class.....YIKES....what was thinking :) Anyways, I have been doing coloring a little bit each night hoping to have them all colored and made in time for freshman orientation. So, that is how I will be spending my Friday night...getting inky! I hope you all have a fantastic weekend, and happy crafting friends!


5 comments:

Michelle Quinno said...

Ok, I busted out laughing on that one!! I would love to see Pat B. in concert. Of course, I'd love to see Kid Rock too. And I'm a lot older than you! LOL

Love your card and this image!

Basement Stamper said...

Man, where did that paper come from? See how much I know what I have, didn't even realize that was in the stash I gave you. Great card! Have fun make your tote bag name tags...and I know how you feel taxi cabbing it!

Sara I. said...

What amazing coloring!! The sunflowers are just gorgeous!! Love your yummy papers and design. Hope you have fun gettin' inky wit it tonite ;)

Sue from Oregon said...

I think your brother needs a kick in the behind LOL! Got a good laugh out of that one! Pat B sang this song on a TV special honoring Harry Chapin years ago that is still stuck in my head...she has an amazing voice. I am sure your bro doesn't even know Harry Chapin either! Have a great time!

Pat said...

Stunning card, Kristen!