Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Going Grey with Scrap-Creations: Anything Goes




Happy Tuesday! I hope you had a great weekend. I had a busy weekend, but a great one. Friday night, I went out with my "gym" moms for chit chat and drinks, Saturday we went to a birthday party, and then hubby and I had a date.....seriously, we I think it has been months since my husband and I went out. We just went out for dinner, but it was nice to spend some alone time. Then on Sunday, Mary, Peggy, Pia and I participated in our LSS's (Ink about it) yard sale and I sold $160.00 with the stuff....wahoooo. I still have lots of stamps that I would like to unload, but it was a good start.



Before I tell you about our challenge this week, I wanted to put a little teaser out there for you....Later this week, I will be posting with some BIG news and maybe some candy tooooo.......so, be sure to check back!



So, where was I .............LOL......We have a super easy challenge for you this week, with a SUPER STAR sponsor.....This week we are extremely happy to have KENNY K as our sponsor, and they are generously offering one random winner a GC to their store. Who doesn't love Kenny K. His images are fabulous and amazing to color. Certianly one of my favorites, and he has a image for everyone, and this weeks challenge: ANYTHING GOES!!!!



When I was looking at my Kenny K image for this challenge, it screamed celebrate, stars...something, but of course when I was looking at my sizzix and dies, I didn't have anything I wanted to use. Just when I was going to make a "typical card", I remembered that I had bought a cheap chipboard album at the Taget $1.00 spot a while back, and yeap, I found it too...It was meant to be :) So, this was my project for today's challenge. When you flip over the star, I put pattern paper and a white circle to write in. Great to put on a gift or gift back. Thinking I may make a few for upcoming birthdays. That way, I can you my scrap paper too....Lovin that!


Ok, I think I have talked enough...LOL... I know I say this every week, but it was REALLY hard to pick this weeks TOP 3...I saw at least 6 that I loved....arghhh, you all make such gorgeous projects, and make it sooo hard for me to choose! With that being said, this weeks TOP 3 are:




Maddy Hill:

Nancy Brown:
Tracy Payne:



Wonderful cards ladies. Please feel free to grab the "I made TOP 3" badge on the right side of my blog.

The winner or last weeks Heart song Designs "Birthday challenge" is:
Here are your random numbers:

1 Timestamp: 2011-06-14 02:34:00 UTC
Annmarie






Please contact me for your prize!

Take a look at the DT's AMAZING cards using Kenny K's images:

Frances:


Peggy:
Jackie:
Tanya:
Jovita:
Weren't those fabulous? Don't be afraid to head to their blogs and leave them a little love. You will have until next Monday @ 6pm to get your card in for the challenge. We only allow 2 entry's per person. Also, we have new Blog Badges, please feel free to take one and post on your blog. I will be picking the top 3 next week, and I will award 3 people with the new top 3 badge! When posting to a gallery's, please use the key words GGSC68......Have a great day and happy creating .














15 comments:

Michelle Quinno said...

OMG, this is wicked cute, Kristen!!

Wow, you made out well on Sunday!

Silke Ledlow said...

Totally awesome sample creations everyone! Thanks for an open challenge...hugs ~S~

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Wonderful DT inspiration!!

Deanne :)

Crafteezee said...

Thank you for choosing me in your Top 3. Great inspiration cards ladies. Hugs Tracy x

Teresa said...

Thanks for the great challenge. xx

Basement Stamper said...

Fabulous cards love the Kenny K images!

Nancy said...

Thanks for choosing my card as one of the top 3.
Fabulous DT cards as always!!!

Heidi Brawley said...

thanks for the fun challenge to play along with. love the DT cards too!
~Heidi Brawley

...just Peggy said...

Great DT cards. Thanks for the challenge.

dj1952 said...

Awesome cards by the DT! Great challenge. Hugs, dj1952

Wendy said...

"anything goes" everyone's favorite challenge - thank you!

Sonia said...

Totally GORGEOUS by the DT. Thanks for the inspiration.
-Sony
Sonia-Studio60

Ashley Nicole said...

Gorgeous designs DT. Thanks for a great challenge.
Nikki

Chris(craft) and Dave(photos) Richards said...

Hi, thanks for a fun challenge
love and hugs
chris richards
xxx

Maria Matter said...

Gorgeous Kristen, your star shape is perfect for this kk image!
hugs