Saturday, January 22, 2011

Getting Organized!!!!


Whew....what a week. I was supposed to start the semester on Tuesday, but due to a huge (20 inches) snow storm, I started on Wednesday, and then due to another snow storm (10 more inches) the kids and I had another snow day on Friday. Nothing like starting the Spring semester off missing 2 days in the first week, and I hate to say, but they are predicting the biggest snowstorm of the year for Tuesday. As much as I like the snow days, we really can't afford to miss anymore school. Not only will my professors insist on cramming in the work we missed, but my kids will be in school till July the way things are going. Seriously!

So, during my break, not only did I make some cards, but I organized my craft room a bit. I recently took a trip to Ikea and came across these rods that held bins.....and it was my hubby who said "these would be great for your markers".....alright I said, works for me. We purchased them and put them up. You know what, they work and look pretty good. They also free up some more space on my table:)

As many of you know, I am a complete DP junkie. I have had paper piling up for 10 years. So, I decided to go though all my 12x12 paper and cut it down into 6x6 sheets, and the sheets I didn't think I would ever use again, got donated to my friend Pia. I decided that, since I mostly make cards, it was time to get rid of all the papers I would no longer use. I sorted my papers out by theme and placed them into a photo box. I must admit, this is working out pretty good.

On my next break, I am hoping to get through my stamps,and get them organized, and get rid off whatever I no longer use. So, that is all I have for you today. I hope you have a fabulous weekend, and I will be back on Tuesday with Going Grey with Scrap-Creations challenge. Happy Saturday!

3 comments:

Michelle Quinno said...

Wow, Kristen, that looks great!! The next time you go to Ikea, PLEASE let me know!

See you Sat.!

Annemaritta said...

Those buckets look brill! Really good idea and I have IKEA only couple of minutes away... ;)

It was only yesterday when I thought I never find any paper when needed, because they are all here and there and everywhere.

Thanks!

Pia said...

Looks good Kristen! Thanks for all the paper, the girls at the youth center will love it. Christine took a bunch for herself too!