Thursday, May 14, 2009

Three Clover Thursday & Digi Shack challenge Thursday


Happy Thursday!!!! Today i have two wonderful challenges for you. The first challenge is Kerry's over at Three Clover Designs. Her challenge was to make a card using flowers the flowers can be anywhere or anything. This is a really easy challenge for me, because I almost always have a flower somewhere on my card (hehehe).
Okay, while I was away on my stamping trip in Vermont, friends of mine (Mary/Peggy)were showing me some of there new stamps. They had just place a fairly good sized order with Sugar Nellie and they were playing with those. Well, I have seen sugar Nellie and liked them, but in person, I LOVED them. Oh boy, another thing I "MUST" have. My card today was made with one of there images. They tell me she is a pen pal girl, but I thought she looked more "rocker" girl to me, so I went with that. These are really fun images to color and to make "your own". These images can easily look so different depending on who is creating with them. I LOVE them! I don;t always like my cards, but I was pretty happy with this one. She kinda reminds me of my daughter.

Over that same weekend I had purchased some of the Bo Bunny flowers (I haven't seen these in my area), and put them on this card, Added some stickles and there ya have it.
Do you love flowers? Wanna play?To participate please upload your card to your blog or SCS and leave a direct link to that post with Mr. Linky over at Kerry's.
Then we can all enjoy your creations!
When uploading to your blog or scs please link back to this post so that everyone can join in on the fun!
If you upload to SCS please use 3CTC13 in the keyword or title so that anyone looking can easily locate it.

Supplies
Stamps: Sugar Nellie
Paper: Basic grey
Inks: Memento black, Copics
Misc: Bo Bunny Flowers, Robins nest baubles, Stickles


Digi Shack Challenge

Today's Digi Shack challenge is a sketch challenge. Trying to figure out my cards layout out is the hardest part for me, so a sketch challenge makes the rest easy. Love sketch challenges!


For the sketch image, I used one of Digi Shack's new Lani images. These are so cute, you have got to check them out. I new how I wanted to color her, but I wasn;t sure of her purpose. Who would I give this card to? I took a closer look at her and decided she was kinda "sexy" (hehehe). Well, that then lead to blue eye shadow, blush and pink lipstick, and then finally my saying (computer generated). I still don;t know who I will give this to, but I think it's funny for a grown mans b-day. What do you think? Wanna play Shack and join in on the fun. When uploading your samples to your gallery please use keyword TDSC05. Also, Toni, the owner is very generous she is over FREE Digi Hawaiian sayings. Go ahead over and get them.

Last but not least, I am addicted to using my new cloud maker, and I have been using clouds in all my cards. You don't have to have a Cloud maker to make clouds. You can use a scalloped oval circle. I am going to do a Mini tutorial on my blog tomorrow, so check back if you like my clouds!

Supplies:
Image: Digi Shack
paper: Basic Grey
ink: copics, bashful blue (sky)
misc: stickles, nessties

Have a wonderful Thursday and I hope you can play along!

11 comments:

Jacilynn said...

wowie, both of these are soo cute! i love the colors. Great designs Kristen!
Hugs

Ida said...

Very cute Kristen. I love the image (she's so sweet looking) and the colors you chose are so refreshing. Love your flower in the corner too.

Basement Stamper said...

Great cards, love the coloring!

Peggy said...

Yes...SN's are so much fun. We just got some more in the mail. Wait till you see them...
Great Digi image and your card is perfect. When's Paul's BD?
Love the clouds...Don't they make a huge difference in all the cards? I can't seem to make a card without it.

Tenia Nelson said...

Both of these cards are just super great!!

Pia said...

Love them both Kristen. I love all the extras you put on them! Have a great day

Michelle Quinno said...

How adorable! Love them both and I can't wait to see your cloud tutorial. You do such a great job!

I cracked up over the sexy one! Love it! How bout your hubby?! ;-)

Anne said...

Lovely cards Kristen, both with summery colours - very nice

Elena said...

Very pretty card with little girl! The flowers are so beautiful! Love your second card too!

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Gorgeous! great coloring of Lani and your clouds are beautiful too!

Mephisto said...

Both Cards are so wonderful. Love them!

Hugs
Dominique