Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Digi Shack Sale & Hugs For Pia!

25% off a purchase of $10.00 or more, now that is what I
call......


enter code:82994712 at checkout


I also wanted to share with you that Digi Shack is the host over at Card Patterns. The challenge is a sketch challenge, and the prize is FREE Digi images.


Here is the card I made for their sketch challenge, but this card has a much better purpose. I made this card for my good friend Pia. Pia's 93 yo Grandmother passed away yesterday and I wanted her to know That I am thinking about her and her family.

I used one of my new Digi images and colored away. I do have to tell you a little story about this card. I had just finished the card, it was colored and everything. Well, I decided that the color I used for the leaves didn't look right. So, I went back over the leaves with a little darker green, and all of a sudden a huge glob of ink fell on my card. Arrrrrrrhhhhhgggg. I tried to cb it out, but it was to much. I had to do it all over. I of course took a photo to show the glob. There was no fixing it. Does anyone know why that may happen with a Copic marker? What the heck. So, this very simply card turned into a all day project.

So, if you get a chance, head over to Card patterns and check out the sketch and then sign up with mr. linky. FREE images...... Also, take advantage of the Digi Shack sale......



SUPPLIES
Stamps: Digi Shack Image, computer generated sentiment
Paper: Basic Grey, PLUM SU cardstock
INK: copics, So Saffron for sponging
misc: Stickles, bling

11 comments:

retiredheather said...

What a shame! The second card is really beautiful. The colors you choose are soothing but not sad...perfect for a sympathy card.
Hugs
Heather

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Kristen. Love the image and the beautiful colouring. Love the papers also. Hugs
Michele x

~amy~ said...

Wow...your do-over card is spectacular!!! I've had that happen with my copics...a huge blob of ink escaping...oy vey, it is frustrating...is it in the way the pen is stored or perhaps an air bubble of some sort? Anywho's...your end result is absolutely stunning...

Kerry D-C said...

Wowzers! this is BEAUTIFUL! The coloring is lovely...so are the papers! Nice layout too! You ROCK!

whoistracy said...

What a beautiful card! I love the colors you used. Your coloring is just stunning.

So glad you could play along with us!

Basement Stamper said...

Beautiful card!

Michelle Quinno said...

Not sure why that happens but it's gorgeous! I didn't know that. Poor Pia.

C. Sage Deerborn said...

I have had this happen to me before. I was told it was because I was squeezing it and/or holding it to tight. Hope this helps.

Heather Schlatter said...

This card is gorgeous Kristen.

I love your coloring. It is never fun to make these kinds of cards, but I am sure your friend will very much appreciate it!!!

The sketch is also perfect!!!

Heather

Cathleen said...

Kristen, This is so pretty, love the image and the colors, great paper too!

Mary C said...

You out did yourself on this card Kristen!!!! I love everything about it. I have had the Copic blob his my card two different times. I thought I was going to cry one of the times because the coloring was almost done. Another awesome card!