Wednesday, March 11, 2009

3 Clover Thursday Challenge *inspiration*


Hey it's Thursday and that means 3 Clover Thursday Challenge. Today's challenge is a inspiration challenge (see photo). When I looked at this cake, the colors and stripes are what popped out at me first. so, that is what I went with. I received some Sugar Nellie images from Anne in my sisterhood bloggers group, and I wanted to try these out, so I combined the two to make a Birthday card, and this was my result. I really wanted to use some orange, but I couldn't find any in my stash that I liked, so pink and green it was!!!!!!

I wonder what you would take from this photo. What kind of card would you make? Wanna play? Take the challenge, make a card and then head over to Kerry's blog and sign up with mr. linky. Can't wait to see what you make. If you have a chance, check out the cards from other ladies on the inspiration team. They are FABULOUS!

Elena
Ida
Lisa
MaryJo
Sharon
Sue

Have a Terrific Thursday!!!!!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous job with the challenge!! Your card is fantastic.


Tonya

Unknown said...

wow just lovin this card...fabulous....and such a cutie too hugs x

Ida said...

What a "Cutie"! - Love the bright colors and stripes and I especially like the sweet little pearls you added to the flowers. Very cute card.

Kerry D-C said...

You did an AWESOME job! I LOVE this card!

Michelle Quinno said...

That is fantastic, Kristen! Loving those Sugar Nellie stamps.

I will try to play along later. I am an orange lover (for cards only though).

Sharon Caudle said...

ACK!!! I love this card! She is so adorable and love, love, love the colors you used. AWESOME design!!

Pia said...

Great card Kristen! I love the colors!

Deby said...

Is this amazingly adorable or what? Wow! Simply smashing...lave it! love it!

Jacilynn said...

Gorgeous Card. Love it. The pinks and greens are fab. That cake is amazing!!!

Debby said...

cute

MJ said...

How sweet is she, love the pink and green dress, those colors are so fun together. You really did a great job capturing the inspiration! Love it.

Lora said...

gorgeous card. Love the colours. Haven't saw any cards lately with those colours. It's such a nice change.
Lora x

Tracey said...

This is fantastic!! Love the colours!

Janna said...

Kristen this is awesome!!! Oh how i just adore this challenge!! You did such a great job of capturing the look of this cake!! All the papers and accessories you used are beautiful and so fun!! You colored that sugar nellie so beautifully as well!!! What a perfect birthday card!

Smiles,
janna

Jenny V. said...

Wow great colors! You did a fabulous job. Hope you enjoy your weekend.

Jenny

Sue from Oregon said...

This is just the cutest card! I love everything about it!

Mary C said...

I love this card Kristen. That little girl is just too cute. This challenge just about got the best of me though!