Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Years Resolution


Happy New Years......It's amazing to me how fast the year seemed to go by, and how much has happened in the last year. When I look back at 2008, I can honestly say it was a pretty good year. My daughter started 2nd grade and loves it. My son started Kindergarten with ease, and I am so thankful for that, as we thought he would have a hard time adjusting, seeing he is such a mommas boy, My husband got a promotion, I finished another successful year at school, My family is healthy (thank God), we adopted a very cute puppy, whom we love, I took my first all girls weekend away, I started a blog that I enjoy, I made my first design team, and I won 2nd place in a a card contest. It was a big year for me and really, a pretty good one.
Every year I make New Years resolutions, and I NEVER fall through with them. SO this year, I am holding myself accountable by publicly stating my resolutions on my blog.
SO....There is one thing that I say I am going to do every year, and I do, do it for a little while, and then it fizzles out. Well, this year I have decided that I am not going to make any far fetched expectations of myself. I am going to start small.
So, you must be thinking "what in the world is it"? Well, I like a million Americans am going to (try) to get healthy. I am NOT going to diet. I am going to change my eating habits and start exercising. Last year I used the excuse that I had school in the morning, and work at night, so I couldn't got to the gym. Well, this semester, I am taking a class at night and a class in the morning. This will give me 3 free mornings a week. I am committing myself to 1 hour a day for 3 days a week at the gym. I have had a membership for 6 months now and I have only gone 3 times (don't laugh, alright go ahead and laugh, I do).
I also have a few others that I would like to share, so here's my list in order of importance:

1. Get healthy
2. Go to bed earlier ( I am a wicked late night er)
3. Cut my Diet coke intake in 1/2, and drink more water.
4. cut down on my spending (do I really need more product)?
5. Grant myself permission to take a break.

So, there's my list. What are your New Year's resolutions? SU INK & more hosted a New Years challenge yesterday and I wanted to play, so I made this card inspired by this card by Taylor VanBruggen
My Good friend Pia bought me this new Diet Sophie stamp, and I new exactly what I wanted to do with it. SO, Here are my results and I hope you have a magnificent 2009!

Supplies:
Stamps: Riley Moose from Hanna stamps
Ink: Copics, Memento
Paper: SU cardstock, papertrey white, CTMH DP
misc: ribbon, Computer generated sentiment, punches, white pen

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting list.Thanks for sharing.I Wish to stop Complaining,Comparing,Contending,Cynicism,
Criticism besides not to find faults in others and look into faults of my own and work over them to improve in all aspects.In addition to this not to be swayed by prosperity,decline,praise,
Censure,pleasure,Honor,disgrace,
suffering besides being humble to the whole world.
My heartfelt thanks to all n Wish a great joyful New Year

LOL:)
Gifts to India|Gifts to chennai|Gifts to Bangalore

Leslie said...

Kristen, what a great thing to do, list your goals, it seems more productive to make them real by writing them out. I love your card with the moose on the scale! I need to make that to post it on my refrigerator to keep me out of it!!
Wishing you all the tools you will need to complete your goals. Your friend, Leslie

Peggy said...

I love this card! I have not even thought about resolutions because I always break them.

Peggy

Pia said...

Great card Kristen. I will be changing my diet right along with you! I am not sure about the diet coke thing though! I will try.

Judy said...

Kristen lovely card and color combination. Good luck with your NY resolutions and hope 2009 brings you all you desire.

Sharon said...

Hi Kristen,
I too have made my goals public - at least one of them. I think it makes us more accountable and so more likely to follow through - here's hopiong anyway.
Good luck!
Cute card too.
Sharon

Michelle Quinno said...

HA! I love that stamp! You did a great job with it.

My list is almost always to lose weight. I figure if I don't state it this year, maybe I'll actually follow through.

p.s. cutting your diet coke in half and drinking more water will automatically take some pounds off. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card. I love the image.

I hope you had a great time for the holidays.

Hugs Vanja