Saturday, December 20, 2008

Whipper Snapper contest



I am so excited, and I have to share. As many of you know, I am a Whipper Snapper junkie. I love there images and I have such a great time coloring them. Well, a while back, my BFF Kerry told me about a contest Whipper snapper was holding. The theme was Holiday or winter. The Prize 1st was $100 Free product, 2nd $50.00 Free product and 3rd was $25.00 Free product, and then they will give you $10.00 for every card they keep for publication.
So, I thought "I may as well give it a try, I can always use FREE product". Well, I made 5 cards. The due date was Dec 15th, and on Friday the 12th, I was really busy and decided that I wouldn't bother mailing them in. I figured at the most I might get $20.00. Well, when I was talking to Kerry at 4:30 that evening, I told her that I wasn't going to bother sending in the cards, and that I really didn't have the time to get them together. Well, she said "are you kinding me!!!". She was right (per ususal), after all the time I spent making them, I should send them in. So, off to the post office I went, and I stood in line for 1/2 hour (no lie), and shipped them next day.
Well, are you ready????? Come to find out, my card won 2nd place. OMG...$50.00 FREE product, but when I continued to read the e-mail, they accepted all 5 cards....OMG....$90.00 FREE product. I still can't believe it.
I have posted my winning card here, but you can view the other winners here

So, if you love Whipper Snapper as much as I do, continue to check out there website for future contests, you never know until you try.

Thanks Kerry for always encouraging me with my creativity. You are a good friend. Luv ya!

13 comments:

Kerry D-C said...

Rock on, GF!! You deserve it!

kareN stampZ said...

Congratulations Kristen I may be slightly biased but I think yours should have been no. 1!!

Awesome job - you do make the most exquisite cards.

Enjoy your Christmas with family & friends.

Karen xox

Gail S. said...

Wow!! Good for you! Your cards are wonderful and I enjoy you posting them for all of us to see. Have fun picking out goodies!!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What wonderful news Kristen! Congratulations! Merry Christmas to you and yours! :D

Janet said...

Congrats!! that is awsume!!!

Mary C said...

WAY TO GO KRISTEN!!!!!
Your card is so cute.
I think you should have won 1ST place with it. Happy spending!

Pia said...

YIPPEE! I am so excited for you!

Peggy said...

WOW...Congrats!!! Well deserved!!!

MJ said...

Wow! What a fun story, I am so happy for you, this is awesome! Congratulations.

Michelle Quinno said...

Kristen, that is fantastic!! You really deserve it. Have fun picking out your free stuff!

Unknown said...

Congrats! That is such a great way to end the year!

Anne said...

Woo hoo!!!

CONGRATULATIONS Kristen I'm so pleased for you.

I hope you and yours will have a vry Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Enjoy your new Whippersnapper stuff

Hugs
Anne

Viv said...

Well Done Kristen! And they are lovely cards...enjoy your FREE spending spree!

Merry Christmas!